Monday, October 15, 2012

Still Life - Before Halloween

Before Halloween 18 in. x 24 in. Oil On Linen Canvas - BID ON OR BUY THIS PAINTING.

THIS IS A FULL SIZED PAINTING, NOT ONE OF THE SMALLER DAILY PAINTINGS THAT I TYPICALLY LIST ON EBAY.

This painting is of a pumpkin sitting on an old cabinet in my studio. Pumpkins are one of my favorite subjects and every Fall I try to do one or two paintings of them. From a compositional perspective this painting was all about the shapes. There are squares and rectangles reflected throughout, and the only thing in the painting that isn't composed of right angles is the pumpkin. Very fun to paint. I hope that you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Of all the pumpkin paintings I've seen throughout my life - this is my favorite. You have captured a real mood here. Actually I take it back, it's not one of my favorite pumpkin paintings but one of my favorite paintings of all time! I truly love this painting.

    ReplyDelete